Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Being Black is the Best!


In spite of rampant racism, trigger-happy members of the LAPD, high blood pressure and the sickle cell trait, being a black man in America is fucking awesome. Besides, being able to pull white chicks with relative ease, it’s a fact that everything that black people do is – prima facie – cool. Case in point, “The Seven,” a hip-hopera if you will that is an urban (read: black) re-imagining of the story of Oedipus, the Greek king who killed his father and married his mom. My asshole buddy Buhrmester brought this Yahoo! story to my attention and while I absolutely hate New York City, I really wish I was there right now cause I would love to get fucked up and go see this. Holler!

4 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hells yeah! We ain't slaves no more, brotha!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

The Seven is a project by my all time favorite cousin..Will Power. (note also a bay area native)

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, Will, all that time we worked together when you were at CGW, I never knew you were black. It matters not at all, except I feel the slightest bit more "hip," and I suddenly feel all fulla "cred." Still no urge to get 15" spinners on my Kia, though. ;-)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger murdocsangel said...

I wish I were in New York too...

I also wish I were in California, Hawaii or Prague as well but...y'know that's probably never going to happen either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home