Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Does using this phone make me gay? ($600)


I recently got my hands on the Nokia 7380, one of three models in Nokia's so-called "L'Amour" line. I've been using this phone for weeks and well...I'm not really sure how I feel about it. On one hand, other than my Cingular 8125 smart phone, it's the only other phone that I use. You see, this thing is the essence of form over function. That said, the form is so fucking compelling that I'm willing to forgive it's lack of practical functionality. Nah'mean?! It doesn't have keys and you have to either use the dial-wheel (think iPod) or voice features to call people. And sending text messages is a pain in the ass.

Now, for all its shortcomings, the 7380 is one hell of a conversation starter. Which brings me to my original question, "Does using this phone make me gay?" The thing is accented in gold and leather and it has flowers etched into it. OK, the thing is made for women. But hey, I'm plenty confident in my masculinity so I'm not afraid to rock it. Oh wait! There's more! I recently took it to a house party in Venice, CA and the chicks wouldn't stop playing with it. They were using its 2-megapixel camera to take photos of each other and seemed to be having fun using the dial-wheel to input their names and numbers in the address book. So, I guess it doesn't make me gay. Not only did I walk away with a ton of new numbers I got some dope-ass picks of chicks in hot pants and leggings to boot.

6 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

it's a girlish phone, perhaps not gay, but not masculine either. but the ladies like a man in touch with his feminie phone...or so i've been told!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger William O'Neal said...

Whatchooknow about a nigga's feminine side?

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i live work and play in hollywood..i know more than i care to about the feminine side of men...mr fancy phone!

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The phone doesn't make you gay. It just means you're kinda gay.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the phone... then again I am a girl. I say rock it.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a wile back you guys did a cell mod that used an old fashioned electric bell for the ringer, I was trying to find it but cant find any links that old. Could you post some links here to that stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home