Saturday, April 08, 2006

Product Pr0n: iPod Accessories


I'm gonna start this off by keeping it real: I cannot stand the iPod or anything Apple-related. From a journalistic standpoint, dealing with Apple has been a nightmare ever since my days as a n00b technical editor at Ziff Davis' ComputerLife Magazine way back in 1997 (pour out a little liquor). Apple, like Sony, is one of those companies that's so hot that their hubristic attitude trickles down from the top of the organization down (I imagine that the cleaning people at their office in Cupertino think themselves too good to wipe urine off the bathroom floors). But i digress.

Anyway, in spite of my belief that the iPod is overrated, everyone keeps buying the thing. And because of this, there are a ton of cool iPod accessories. There's no justice. So, with that in mind take a peek at this week's Product Pr0n segment where I look at several pretty neat accessories for the iPod.

5 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger The B said...

This entry made me laugh. I liked the "I'm gonna review this shit, but I don't have to like it" vibe.

Don't have an iPod either. I'm no fan of Apple, but the reason I don't own one is because I really don't like music being pumped directly into my ears. Tryin' to avoid the deaf by 50 thing.

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have an iPod either...just seems...i don't know...over rated.

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Wil! We met briefly at the Lowrider show! Hope you had fun...cause I didn't boring! =P I hate going on lame assignments! Hit me back up when your not busy...
csgarpot@garpot.com

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Matty said...

I do have an ipod, regrettably. I know they kinda lack options, in fact several that I often miss, like being able to randomize playlists, and it's just too damn "user friendly" or in other words, automatically extremely frustrating as fuck.

One reason I have been buying iPod and more mainstream music players and items, is because compatible software has been nonexistant, until Windows XP.

I feel like I've blasphemed enough already, buying an iPod and saying that Windows XP fixed a problem. I just wish I had the oppurtunity to design my own system. I can't believe that one person or company still hasn't gotten something right. Is it just completely impossible to make something work right in all aspects? Are we as humans incapable? What the Fuck.

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just lost an Ipod, given to me a as a gift, so this will come accross as sour grapes. But I have to say I was underwhelmed during the limited use I got from it. I´ve never owned a MP3 before.

First, I realize its supposed to be easy to use, but I found the ^circle and click^ interface clunky. Menu options that I didn´t want kept coming up at the slightest touch. Second, I really don´t need all that music capacity. I can manage my music files on a smaller, cheaper machine, and downloading music onto the Ipod takes forever anyway. The product struck me as a sort of a backup hardrive.

Not to mention that I don´t like carrying around things that are expensive to replace, since I´m absent minded and lose things easily. I did like the small size, but if I´m going to replace it will be with a smaller, cheaper MP3 with less storage capacity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home