Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router ($150)


Some products are just plain better than others. I recently set up a wireless network using some piece of crap no-name 802.11g router and it barely worked. The hardware sucked, the software sucked, hell, the user interface on their web-based configuration utility looked like it had been designed by an eight year-old. “This is bullshit,” I thought to myself. Thankfully, a week later the Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router showed up and I was more than happy to give it a whirl.

Now, I’m not gonna get into all the specs cause that kind of shit bores me. If, however, specs and shit gets you hot, than go to Belkin’s product page and read to your heart’s content. What I will share with you is how easy it was to setup. Since I’ve been setting up wireless networks for years, I decided to take this from the standpoint of someone who’s never done this before. You see, with the router that I was using, I’d be willing to guess that a good percentage of system administrators couldn’t get the fucking thing working. It was that shitty a product. I inserted Belkin’s setup disc and followed the instructions on the screen (down to using the included color-coded Ethernet cables). Within minutes the router was connected to my cable modem and I was up and running. Additionally, configuring the security settings were also a cinch.

Without sounding like I’m on the take I’ll go out on a limb and say that this router was the easiest wireless product to setup that I’ve ever used.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Matty said...

Fuck Yes.

My thoughts exactly. I have that same 802.11 B(ullshit) router, with a Pre-N card. I get cut off constantly, and it constantly pisses me off. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has suffered from this atrocity.

As expensive as that Pre-N router is, it may really be fully worth it. No more getting cut off from my damn blast furnace in this house. I have no clue why that happens, my FURNACE somehow interferes with my wireless internet. Seriously. That's fucked up.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding!?!?! My Belkin Pre-N router is CRAP. It constantly drops the wireless, and now doesn't connect to the internet at all. I'm never purchasing another Belkin product. I was foolish to get Pre-N

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog - broadband speed test uk. I have just signed up to talktalk broadband and is an absolutely superb deal. I get free telephone calls 24/7 plus free 8Mb/s broadband (which is lightening fast btw). I would definitely recommend talktalk broadband for anyone in the uk. Also available at www.bargainplace.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home