Monday, March 06, 2006

Perplex City (crack for nerds)


About a month or so ago I met with the PR company for this puzzle game called Perplex City. Typically, I avoid card games: as they’re usually juvenile and uninteresting. The only reason that I even agreed to take the meeting is that a friend of mine, Bill Linn, is their PR rep and well…he’s never steered me wrong. Needless to say, I’m addicted. In a nutshell, Perplex City is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) where you have to solve the puzzles on the game’s 200+ cards in order to find a cube that’s hidden somewhere in the world. By “the world” I mean, the cube is really hidden somewhere on Earth and the first person to find the physical cube wins $200,000. Not too shabby. If you’re into these sorts of games you’ll no doubt enjoy Perplex City. If, like me, you’ve always thought these types of games were stupid than you’ll no doubt be pleasantly surprised with Perplex City. It’s genuinely a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wil, if you have doubles of Perplex cards, drop me a line...your friends over at Future US wouldn't mind trading. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home