Monday, April 17, 2006

The Hottest Whips and Chicks at the 2006 Lowrider Tour

A week ago last Sunday I got to tape one of the coolest segments that I’ve been fortunate enough cover during my short tenure here at G4: The 2006 Lowrider Tour. The tour is put on by the preeminent car culture magazine in the world: Lowrider Magazine and surprisingly, the experience lived up to my expectations.

The 2006 Lowrider Tour is a nationwide event that’s been traveling around the country. While it’s set to conclude in October 8th in Las Vegas, I got to visit the tour in not-so-lovely San Bernardino, CA. Holy shit! The tour consists of several components: there’s the requisite bikini contest, several “hop” contests, and more categories of show cars than I could count. While I expected to be most excited by the chicks, it was the hop contest that most impressed me. Seeing a car bounce to the extent that all four wheels are off the ground is amazing. Furthermore, while there were plenty of hot chicks, they looked so skanky that the idea of touching one of them was frightening. Just imagine a 40+ year-old woman in hot pants with a visible c-section scar and stretch marks throwing gang signs at my camera crew. Anyway, you can check out the segment that aired last week on G4’s “Attack of the Show” right here.


1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

you're from Oakland don't act like you've never seen a Lowrider...

you should have been out there to show them how to Ghost Ride the Whip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home